Since 1995, The Answer Company has been helping organizations answer questions about investments in technology and information systems. As both a Sage and Acumatica ERP partner, the entire team offers thought leadership & expertise on both solutions to a wide array of industries. With offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Toronto, The Answer Company’s goal is to make companies more successful at what they do and gain the confidence to make profitable moves in their respective industries.
We currently have an exciting temporary (30-90 days) opportunity for a Collections Specialist in our New Westminster office. The Collections Specialist (CS) is responsible for developing a collections process and collecting outstanding accounts receivable from clients. In addition, the CS is responsible for other aspects of collections, including but not limited to, resolving billing problems and long-term reduction of overall account receivables.
Check us out if you:
- Want to join one of the best professional services firms in Vancouver;
- Be part of a dynamic team of industry experts that are committed to serving our customers through collaboration and innovation;
- Enjoy an awesome company culture with friendly co-workers who are focused on success for the entire team;
- Are interested in working at an outstanding location that offers casual and comfortable conditions;
- Are looking for a competitive compensation structure that rewards top performers.
We have strategic relationships with the best industry manufacturers, vendors and distributors. We will provide you with the tools, training, and support required to do a high-quality job for our customers.
- Creation, development and implementation of a robust collections process;
- Stratification of the customer-base;
- Organize the AR list according to the severity of delinquency;
- Monitoring accounts on a daily basis;
- Identify and mitigate outstanding account receivables;
- Investigate historical data for debts and bills;
- Take actions in order to encourage timely payments;
- Contact clients via email and phone to discuss and resolve complex issues;
- Update account status records ensuring accuracy;
- Prepare and present reports on collection activities and progress.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role;
- Knowledge of the software industry;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience in creating standard operating procedures;
- Expert knowledge of collection laws and regulations;
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.