The Answer Company (TAC) is a growing customer-focused professional service company that has been helping organizations answer questions about investments in technology and information systems since 1995. As a Sage and Acumatica ERP partner, the entire team offers thought leadership and expertise on our portfolio of solutions.
Our goal is to make companies more successful at what they do and gain the confidence to make profitable moves in their respective industries. From our offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Toronto, our Sage and Acumatica ERP software, solutions and services support accounting, operations, customer relationship management, human resources, time tracking and merchant services. Our talented ERP consultants are dedicated to addressing the unique challenges our clients face in their day-to-day operations providing specialized business management solutions to industries such as manufacturing, construction, distribution, healthcare, professional services, non-profit, and real estate.
We are currently seeking to fill a 1-year maternity leave Network Engineer position in our New Westminster office. The Network Engineer acts as a resource when installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and customizing various hardware and applications. Reporting to the Service Manager, the Help Desk Engineer will complete small internal projects and assist Senior Engineers on larger projects.
Check us out if you:
- Want to join one of the best professional services firm in Vancouver
- Be part of a dynamic team of industry experts that are committed to serving our customers through collaboration and innovation
- Enjoy an awesome company culture with friendly co-workers that focus on success for the entire team
- Are interested in working at an outstanding location that offers comfortable working conditions, and a casual environment
- Are looking for a competitive compensation structure that rewards top performers.
- Documentation of Internal Network
- Small internal Projects
- Assist Sr./Int. Engineers on larger projects
- Backup System Maintenance
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and customization of MS Office Suite applications
- Understanding of and ability to install, configure and test workstation hardware including video cards, NICs, sound cards, hard drives, and PDAs
- Microsoft Windows Server Maintenance
- Configure file, print and remote access services
- Administration, including add/remove users and groups, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure and restore from backup
- Administration of enterprise e-mail application, including add/remove users and group, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts, and add aliases
- Occasional heavy lifting may be required
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and the Office 365 suite
- Experience supporting Windows 7/10
- Experience with routers and firewalls
- Experience with Terminal Services
- Understanding of the relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Experience supporting Microsoft Servers: Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, SBS, etc.
- Experience supporting Windows Desktop systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience supporting mobile handheld devices (Android, iOS, Windows mobile)
- Experience supporting Enterprise Backup Solutions
- Experience supporting enterprise-level Anti-virus platforms
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Join The Answer Company team today! Our company culture is also dedicated to community service and we would be happy to help you support the causes you care about. The Answer Company celebrates our employees and creates a fun and engaging work environment with the opportunity for long-term employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.