Since 1995, The Answer Company has been helping organizations answer questions about investments in technology and information systems. As both a Sage and Acumatica ERP partner, the entire team offers thought leadership & expertise on both solutions to a wide array of industries. With offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Toronto, The Answer Company’s goal is to make companies more successful at what they do and gain the confidence to make profitable moves in their respective industries.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project and Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist in our New Westminster office. Reporting to the Controller, the Project and AR Specialist is responsible for setting-up customers, monitoring receivables, and reporting on the progress of projects. The role ensures the timely billing of customers and collection of outstanding sales invoices. This position interfaces closely with Customers, Sales/Account Managers, Contractors, Project Managers, department heads, and internal staff.
Check us out if you:
- Want to join one of the best professional services firms in Vancouver;
- Be part of a dynamic team of industry experts that are committed to serving our customers through collaboration and innovation;
- Enjoy an awesome company culture with friendly co-workers who are focused on success for the entire team;
- Are interested in working at an outstanding location that offers casual and comfortable conditions;
- Are looking for a competitive compensation structure that rewards top performers.
We have strategic relationships with the best industry manufacturers, vendors and distributors. We will provide you with the tools, training, and support required to do a high-quality job for our customers.
- Set-up new customers and projects in the accounting system;
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders;
- Monitor project budget vs. actuals, review variances, and report to Project Lead/Manager;
- Generate invoices based on signed customer quotes; issue credit memos after approval of CFO;
- Prepare timely and accurate billing of projects, support, and managed services; ensure sales taxes (GST/HST, PST, RST) are charged appropriately;
- Generate and send regular statements of accounts and reminders to customers;
- Monitor accounts receivables and ensure collection within agreed payment terms with customers;
- Reconcile balances of customer deposits and fixed-fee contracts on a regular basis;
- Assist with month-end and year-end procedures, including but not limited to revenue accruals and provision of allowance for bad debts;
- Investigate receivable-related issues and respond to queries from stakeholders in a professional and timely manner;
- Identify past due accounts to be sent to collection and recommend for approval of CFO; coordinate with Collection Agency;
- Ensure compliance to established collections policy and procedures; initiate process improvements as needed;
- Ad hoc duties and projects, as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business;
- At least 3 years experience in accounts receivable and project billings; multi-currency experience preferred;
- Highly organized and can effectively multi-task; pays attention to details;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form;
- Able to exercise discretion and judgment; analytical;
- Capable of interfacing with high-level management for both internal and external customers;
- Aptitude for leveraging technology: strong Excel skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, databases, and other software;
- Knowledge of best industry practices in accounts receivable and collections, an asset;
- Experience in professional services or software industry preferred;
- Experience in using cloud-based ERP ideal;
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.