Copyright and Trademark
All materials available through this website and other websites owned or provided by The Answer Company, including any products, services, and web content including but not limited to software, images, text, and various downloads (“Materials”) are owned by The Answer Company.
Materials are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws and all rights in the said Materials are reserved by The Answer Company or their respective owners. You may view, copy, and print pages from the website for personal use only. You may not otherwise use, reproduce, download, modify, store, post, broadcast, transmit, sell, or make available to any party any part of the content from the website without the prior written approval of The Answer Company.
© 2023 The Answer Company. All Rights Reserved.
The Answer Company owns many valuable trademarks that represent The Answer Company as well as its services. Most trademarks are registered in Canada, the U.S. and in other countries, typically in the name of The Answer Company.
All references to The Answer Company services must be accurate and never misleading in any way. The Answer Company trademarks may only be used to refer to The Answer Company services, and may not be combined with any other company names, product names, services names, or as part of any domain names.
The Answer Company logos are reserved for exclusive use by The Answer Company, its licensees, and partners under written contract with The Answer Company. No other uses of The Answer Company logos are permitted.
Sage owns many valuable trademarks worldwide that represent Sage as well as its products and services. Most Sage trademarks are registered in the U.S. and in other countries, typically in the name of Sage. Sage does not use the trademark legends.
NetSuite, including its subsidiaries, reserves all rights with respect to its trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, trade dress and any other indicia for source of goods or services (“Mark(s)”). Any unauthorized use of any NetSuite-owned Mark is strictly prohibited.
Microsoft® SQL Server®, Windows Vista® and the Windows logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or in other countries.
The names of all other products and services are property of their respective owners.
For questions regarding The Answer Company copyrights or trademarks, please contact The Answer Company Legal Department:
The Answer Company – Legal Dept
503 – 233 Nelson’s Crescent
New Wesminster, BC V3L 0E4
Updated: February 2023
The privacy of our customers and affiliates is important to us. Therefore:
- We do not sell or rent personally identifiable information
- We do not spam, and our policies forbid use of our Services for spam
Statement regarding children
The Answer Company’s products and services are not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. As such, the Sites are not directed at children under the age of 13 nor do we knowingly collect or maintain information from children under the age of 13 on the Sites.
We will use the personal information you submit in our online job application to fill the specific position you apply for. After this position is filled, we will retain the information submitted for the time required by applicable law or in accordance with our standard practice, whichever is longer.
We will not release information submitted in online job applications to third parties except to appropriate governmental entities and/or our service providers as necessary in connection with recruiting, employment, corporate governance, acquisitions, and legal or regulatory requirements. We require that our service providers keep your personal information confidential as well. In addition, to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate procedures to safeguard the information we collect online. You may submit requests or concerns about this policy or use of your personal information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business information collection and use by The Answer Company
We collect the Business Information necessary to enable us to respond to your requests for our products and services and to send you information regarding our products and services from time to time. Since most of the users of our products and Sites are doing so in their capacity as employees or companies, most Business Information we collect will be in that capacity (rather than information about you individually, such as your personal tastes, etc.). For these purposes, we have defined “Business Information” as any information that identifies or may identify a company or an individual contact at a company or that allows others to contact a company or an individual contact at a company. When you visit the Sites, you may be asked to submit information such as email address, company name, address, phone number, your product version, and/or areas of interest. We may also ask you where you heard about our company or products, or for other information that will help us understand more about your needs or help us process your requests for information. In addition, we collect credit card and related payment information when you order products, services, or support plans online. Our information collection and use practices are described in more detail below:
- Product registration. You may be asked, on behalf of your company, to complete registration/activation form(s) on the Sites or from within the products, with contact information for use by us in accordance with this policy. Registration or activation information may include the name of your company, contact information, product information, customer ID, network and operating system, and other relevant information.
- Support. We offer certain limited online support services at the Sites. If you access online support on any of the Sites, you may be asked for information such as customer ID, product name, product version, and other information to help us determine what the technical issues are and how best to help you resolve them. In addition, certain products allow you to submit support-related questions directly from the product. If you access online support services from a product, information about your network, operating system, printer, data and program path, product type, version, customer ID, the product’s technical support information sheet, product serial number, and other similar information will be automatically pre-populated for submission to our customer support representatives to assist them in answering your questions.
- Newsletters. When you subscribe or sign up to receive newsletters published or offered via the Sites, we will ask you for information necessary to enable us to process your request and to send you information regarding our products and services.
- Product-related information collection. We collect certain additional information in connection with your use of our services or desktop products with online features. For instance:
- Product updates. Some products provide you with the ability to download and register product and/or tax updates as they become available. During the download and registration process, we collect Business Information, including customer ID number and product version, type, and serial number, in order to authorize your access and provide you with the appropriate update, and to update our records as to the product and products updates you have downloaded or installed.
- Account set-up and access. Upon subscribing to our services, we collect Business Information which may include information such as product serial number, customer ID, and your customer profile information, in order to identify you and authorize your access and use of the services and provide you with your relevant account information. Certain products provide you with the ability to access your account in order to obtain information such as your support plan status, service subscriptions, registrations, and order history.
- Online product/account application. Certain products and services are subject to an application and enrollment process, which may be completed on paper or online. Information requested may include federal ID numbers, bank account, payroll, credit card, and contact information. This information is used to process your enrollment request and, if approved, to set up and administer your account.
- Web-based services. In connection with certain of our web-based services we collect certain additional information, including IP address, browser, connection speed, domain, referring URL, and other environment-related information to enable us to provide a secure environment for the use of the services, to pre-populate forms, and calculate aggregate statistical information about the customers using these services.
- The Answer Company products and services. In addition to the uses set forth above, we may use your Business Information to: 1) inform you of product upgrades and updates and subscription renewals; 2) inform you of tax, regulatory, and other compliance issues with your software product or service; 3) notify you of products and services that we think may be of interest to you; 4) offer you discounts or other promotions with respect to products and services that we think may interest you; and 5) contact you for survey purposes to determine how we can better service you or provide better products to meet your needs.
- Third-party products. We may also use your Business Information to inform you of special discounts or offers from other companies we have carefully selected and whose products and services may be of interest to you.
Analytics and advertising
We use Google’s Web Tools to help us track the use of our website and other related features (such as remarketing and paid advertising campaigns). The information that is collected is pseudonymized; a visitor ID is allocated for each cookie read, but the MAC address or IP address are encrypted by Google, and we do not have access to this information. This encrypted information is stored on Google servers, some of which may be outside of your legal jurisdiction. Google Cloud Platform, our Common Infrastructure, and G Suite are certified as ISO 27001, ISO 27017, and ISO 27018 compliant.
Google Services may also use other cookies, such as third-party cookies, that contain information about your online activity, interests, or demographics to provide us with anonymized or pseudonymized data in these categories. This information is stored separately and not aggregated with any information that is voluntarily given to us by users in forms, emails, or any other contact online, by phone, or in person.
Disclosure of your business information
From time to time, we may be required to release Business Information: 1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; 2) to enforce or apply the terms of any of our service or license agreements; or 3) in special cases, such as protecting the rights, property, or safety of The Answer Company, our customers, or others. We may also provide Business Information to government agencies and to our vendors, suppliers, authorized resellers, and other business, development, and industry partners (“Partners”) to enable them to: 1) provide us with products and services to better operate and maintain the Sites; or 2) provide you with a product or service requested by you. We also may provide information about you that does not allow you to be identified to, or contacted by, third parties (“Aggregate Information”). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of the Sites and the activities they conduct while on the Sites. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge for this Aggregate Information. We may also use this Aggregate Information as part of products or services that we provide to third parties and to improve our products, services, and the Sites.
- Partner and government services. We may engage Partners to perform functions on our behalf, which may include assisting us in processing your Business Information. Certain Partners and government agencies may collect Business Information (such as business name, address, email address, credit card information, and customer ID) directly from you and use of that information and other information provided by you to third parties is not governed by this policy even though those Partners and government agencies may share such information with us.
- Services and product data. Business Information collected by us as set forth above does not include your company’s data entered in the course of operating our products (“Product Data”) or data provided by you while using our services (“Services Data”). We will not access your Product Data or Services Data except in the following limited circumstances: (1) to provide you with technical support, solely at your request and with your permission; (2) on a limited-access basis to install updates, produce regular backups, or restore data from backups at your request; (3) where the inherent purpose of the product or service requires us to provide the Product Data or Services Data to a third party on your behalf (for example where we make tax filings on your behalf or initiate bank transfers on your behalf) and, (4) unless you opt-out, to utilize Aggregate Information derived from Product Data and Services Data to help us improve our products and services and in developing additional offerings. We will not provide your Product Data or Services Data to any third party or permit any third party to access your Product Data or Services Data, except by your permission or to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order. In addition, if at any time you decide to discontinue your use of the applicable service, your Services Data will be destroyed and removed from all servers according to terms set forth in your Service Agreement.
Your privacy choices
Occasionally, The Answer Company may send you communications to provide you with information or promotions relating to products and services that may be of interest to you, including notification of important product issues and updates. You may opt out of receiving these communications as indicated below. However, please note that any election not to receive future communications applies only to promotional messages and we may still send you relationship or transactional messages in order to notify you of important product issues and updates, such as tax and other compliance-related matters, for the renewal of existing subscription services, to resolve specific questions or requests made by you via phone, fax, email, or the Web and in response to any activity completed on any of the Sites, including but not limited to, registration, ordering, downloads, and requests for information.
- The Answer Company email promotions. Each email we send will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe in the event that you do not wish to receive future promotional emails. If you choose to opt out of receiving promotional email communications from The Answer Company, we may still periodically communicate with you via mail and telephone. Please allow 10 business days to be removed from the promotional email list of The Answer Company.
Correcting or updating your business information and contacting The Answer Company
You can always update the Business Information that you have provided to us and/or change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts from us by contacting email@example.com. Please note that it may take up to 2 weeks to be removed from The Answer Company’s mail, email and phone lists.