Whats New in Sage 100 and 100c 2018
Sage has been busy making a number of upgrades to the feature list and user interface of Sage 100, and they recently released Sage 100 and 100c 2018. This release includes a long list of new features for both Sage 100 and Sage 100c, so regardless of which solution you are using it is worthwhile for you to explore the new features available.
Key New Features
Mobility – formerly called Bar Code (Sage 100 and 100c)
Whether your team is on a job site or in the warehouse, having the option to complete tasks directly from your mobile device dramatically improves efficiency. You can now use the EZ import feature in the mobile app to scan and import more data which gives your team to power to complete tasks wherever they are, saving both time and money. New imports available include:
- Inventory EZ Import for Physical Count Entry, Count Card Entry, receipts, issues, adjustments, alias entry, and job issues – this task replaces Import Inventory Transactions.
- Sales Order EZ Import for Invoice Data Entry and Shipping Data Entry – this task replaces Import Sales Order Transactions.
- Purchase Order EZ Import for Receipt of Goods – this task replaces Import Purchase Order Transactions.
- Bill of Materials EZ Import for Production Entry – this task replaces Import Bill of Materials Transactions.
- EZ Import can be used to import any transaction type.
Job Cost Enhancements (Sage 100 and 100c)
The Job Cost module has been redesigned to improve performance and usability including an enhanced user interface that makes it easier to access data and complete tasks, the availability of batch entry, easier filtering options for forms and reports, the option to retain history for a set number of years, and more.
Simplified Payroll (Sage 100 and 100c)
Payroll has been both simplified and modernized. Some of the added features included the ability to create and email employee cheques in PDF format, the addition of calculator buttons in the dollar amount fields, calendar buttons in the date fields, hyperlinks to related tasks, the encryption of employee’s personal information, and more.
Spell Checking (Sage 100c only)
In the digital era we’re accustomed to technology checking our spelling for us and in Sage 100c 2018 you can depend on your solution to do the same. The in-line spell checker has essentially been added everywhere you would want to use it including:
- Messages that print on forms (such as invoices, statements and cheques)
- Paperless Office Electronic Delivery windows
- Notes in Customer Contact Maintenance and Vendor Contact Maintenance
- E-mail Notification Maintenance
- Test E-Mail and Test Fax Subject fields
- Broadcast Message
The spell check feature works as you would expect it to, offering you the option to select a replacement for the misspelled word, ignoring misspelled forms or adding words to your personal dictionary.
Warehouse Management (Sage 100c Only)
For any number of reasons, sometimes organizations have to stop using a specific warehouse, whether it’s temporary or permanent, and it’s extremely beneficial to have a way to indicate that in your Sage 100 solution. A new status field has been added for Warehouse Code Maintenance which gives you a simple way to give your team detailed information regarding the status of warehouses and, for example, prevent orders from being entered using a warehouse that isn’t available.
- Inactive: this status should be applied to warehouses that are no longer being used, and it will prevent new orders from being entered using this warehouse. If the warehouse is actively being used (there is a record of inventory in the warehouse, there are open sales orders for it) you will not be able to apply the inactive status to it.
- Restricted: this status should be applied to warehouses that are still being used, but need to be made temporarily unavailable. You might use this status, for example, if you need to relocate inventory to another location. Similar to inactive warehouses, the standard settings for restricted warehouses make them unavailable for data entry tasks however you do have the option to create exceptions to allow data entry tasks for restricted warehouses.
- Active: this status is self-explanatory, indicating that the warehouse is actively available and in use.
We’ve only highlighted the most significant features, but keep in mind that there are a number of other changes that have been made. One of the many benefits of being on a Sage Business Care Plan is the access it gives you to solution updates. If you are interested in Sage 100/100c 2018 or would like more information about the release you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you’re a client, you can reach out to your project manager directly.